Saturday, February 22, 2014

A picture and a scan of the same gown and Writing

  
So between scanning the gowns and taking pictures of them, I think I have found a way to show them in the best light. The two gowns shown are actually the same one. The one on the right is a picture and the one on the left is a scan. The one on the right does not seem as washed out. The color looks just like the original drawing and watercolor gown. Which one do you like better?

I am so close to finishing the first chapter. It has been hard. It has to be gripping and hold the audience but at the same time set up the story and future conflicts along with their resolutions 

But even as I write that I know that there are multiple re-writes ahead. It makes no difference. I keep writing. In the back of my mind looms the thought. What if I never finish? What if what I am writing is never good enough? But thoughts like that don't stop me. If writing is only a hobby of mine, then it is one I enjoy. If, at some point, people like my work, and I am able to publish this book and others, then that will be a bonus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment