Saturday, January 16, 2016

Remembering the Louvre




Just one year ago, my sister Marla and I were in France. We got up early and took a taxi to the Eurostar. After a 2 and 1/2 hour trip, we arrived in France. Found a bus and began our sightseeing. The whole day was amazing with us not really knowing what to expect or what to see. I guess our preparation stopped at getting there. The bus stopped at the Louvre and we got out. We aren't really museum kind of people and couldn't decide if we wanted to go in or not. But eventually, said, as we did all day long, "Well, we're here, why not." It was an amazing experience. One of the neatest and opulent places I've ever been to. We saw the old fortress that the Louvre Palace was built over. We saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Napoleon's Rooms and so much more that I can hardly remember everything unless I look back at pictures.

As I think over this last year, I am so glad that I was able to start the year traveling with my sister to London and Paris. It was magical and amazing and I've found that words sometimes aren't enough to describe the feelings and wonder of all the things we saw and did while we were there.






1 comment: