Monday, October 2, 2017

A place for contemplation



We, my husband and I, went up to the mountains to see the colors change this weekend. It was beautiful—gold, red, orange and green.

The air was crisp and there was snow on the ground in places. Especially on the tops of the mountains and the trails through the forest. 
But what really got my attention was the small bench against the rocks. A place to rest. It called to me then, and it calls to me now.
I have lost someone very dear to me this year. I find myself eager to sit and watch and enjoy everything around me. Things that are hard, don't seem as hard. Things that are wonderful seem less so. It is probably the melancholy that I wear as a cape over everything I do, see and say.




The dark days of winter are coming and I know in advance, I will be more downhearted than usual. I know it will pass. But the truth is I don't want it to. I don't want to forget the person I loved and is no longer on this earth. I want to remember him always and I want others to remember him too.

Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit away from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain. Psalm 51:11-12


No comments:

Post a Comment