Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Coal Creek Arena



When I had exhausted all my energy of writing for the day, my husband and I decided to go for a hike.

As we started our hike near Coal Creek Horse Arena and Open Space, it was as if I were a child once again trudging home from school through a field on a fall day. Leaves beneath our feet as well as fallen branches, uneven ground and wind in our faces, hot sun on our backs. While I was thinking how miserable it was, we came upon a small pond, and it somehow made it seem all better.

Then we came across a large pond with two bald eagles perched in a tree high in the sky.

 My husband and I began talking about playing in Sand Creek as kids. The paths became wider.

I heard a rustling and then my husband said, "Look!"

There leaving a tree only a few feet away was a huge owl. The span of his wings had to be more than 3 feet. Gorgeous light brown feathers carried him away.

Further on we went, and then hidden in the amber cover we spied a deer. She stayed where she was keeping an eye on us. When I got closer to take her picture, she didn't move an inch. We walked a few more yards, she thought it safe to leave and bounded as deer do in their bouncing way in the opposite direction.

What a marvelous walk on a beautiful fall day.

Have mercy on us, Lord, have mercy on us, for we have endured no end of contempt. We have endured no end of ridicule from the arrogant, of contempt from the proud. Psalm 123:3-4


No comments:

Post a Comment