Saturday, January 11, 2014

Writing, Regency England and a Gown (2)




So my editor, who by the way only read the first three chapters, called me up to say that she would take on the project but . . . .
1.     Too many characters
2.    Too many people with similar names
3.    Too many coincidences
4.    Very unrealistic

I asked, “Did you love it though?” I knew I didn’t have the expertise in conveying each scene perfectly. Near perfection, but not perfect. But I felt my story was good.

Silence on the other end. Eventually, she responded slowly, “I think there is potential.”

I’m not sure, but I think I what I think may not be what she thinks. I may be in for some trouble. 

Here's a dress that is similar to the one on my last post.  But this one has embroidery on the neckline, sleeves and hem with no lace. The bows make a nice accent.

For fools speak folly, their hearts are bent on evil: They practice ungodliness and spread error concerning the Lord:  The hungry they leave empty and from the thirsty they withhold water. Isaiah 32:6

No comments:

Post a Comment