Monday, August 25, 2014

Life and a Ball gown

The last two weeks have been crazy. I caught a cold on top of my allergies which blocked my ear. So I've been deaf in my right ear now for two weeks. One week into it, I went to the finest nurse practitioner money can buy at the Walgreens Well Clinic. She was a kind a gracious woman that told me that my eustachian tube was blocked. So now I have been taking sudafed, nasal spray and Claritan D to try and open that tube up.

Then my van called the "Grey Phantom" died. It not only died but it happened while bringing six children home from a field trip an hour away from home. My daughter that does all the great artwork was with me. And my husband had to leave a business lunch with his boss who had just flown into Denver. But I was so grateful that he came to my rescue. Yeah!! But now I'm car-less. It is not a great feeling.

To the left is another one of the marvelous gowns my daughter made for me. I love the rosette


So I am relying on my grown kids to borrow their cars and to watch my daycare kids as I take the older ones to and from school. Thank heaven that my one son is looking for a job and is carrying the brunt of helping me out.

In the midst of all of this, we went camping this weekend. A much needed reprieve from troubles. We saw three baby fawns with their white spots still showing. A bunch of baby calves, bats and a vole. We watched the stars and satellites in the sky by a roaring fire at night. One of our sons fished the river with much luck, the other went hiking. My daughter also went hiking.And when they weren't doing those things they played Yahtzee. My husband and I went on a hike up the side of a mountain. I should re-think my footwear.  I don't think flip-flops were the ideal choice. But I did make it to the spot where the rapids were wildly beautiful.

Again my last chapter rests with my editor. I think I closed the gaps between coincidences and reality. We'll see.



1 comment:

  1. I love the backgrounds on these new dress designs, good luck with your last chapters!

    ReplyDelete