Sunday, September 13, 2015

Colorado and Uncle Dee

Summer is almost over and fall is near. Winter looms around the corner. But ever since January, winter has set in. Of being frozen inside events and situations that I have no control over. I know that my writing has taken on a new hue also. I see things differently. I feel things that I've never felt before. 






I miss my great uncle. I miss his voice. I miss seeing him. I miss his interest in everything I did and of asking about everyone I know. I miss hearing about other relatives and I miss his smell. The other day I caught a whiff of that smell but it faded quickly. I know he is happier in heaven than he has ever been here, and still I can't stop missing him. 

The first two pictures are from Black Canyon of the Gunnison and the one on the right is in Glenwood Canyon. Colorado is a wonderful place to live. Full of so many beautiful sights. 

Today, my husband and I went for a boat ride. Cherry Creek Reservoir is a wonderful recreation spot right inside Denver. The sun was hot, the water cold. My husband fished and I read a book. Very relaxing.  





     

No comments:

Post a Comment