Monday, September 21, 2015

Writing and Reading

This week my son found  this Brief History of the Royal Family. It runs approsimately 9 minutes but it is wonderful and quirky. https://youtu.be/jNgP6d9HraI  It starts with William the Conqueror and ends with Baby George.

The poster below is one that I bought at Westminster Abbey of the British Monarchy. When my sister and I were in London, we studied it almost every evening. It was extremely helpful when we toured The Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and St Paul's Cathedral. Who is this guy? When did he reign?

I finished reading two books this week, of course, Regency. They were new books that two of my favorite authors had just released. However I was vastly disappointed. The first one was predictable and the second one came to the conclusion who was the murderer based off of no clues other than they were the only other character introduced in the book. So naturally she had done it.

I wonder if both authors who have written over 50 books each have run out of plots. Run out of themes, run out of steam. The writing was wonderful. The story lines dull.

Sometimes I feel that way and I haven't even published one of the five books I've written. Getting closer and closer with my first one. I know I've been writing that now for almost two years, but I think by December I will be able to put it down and start on revising book 2.  



No comments:

Post a Comment