Saturday, May 26, 2018

Nature and Writing


Going on a hike at Chatfield Reservoir a couple of weeks ago, we saw a blue heron sitting in a tree.

As I drew closer it took flight.

My writing journey continues. I had hoped this was the year that my writing would take flight. But instead it has landed once again flat. .

Critiques have gone from worse to worse. Why don't you try this? How about starting here? I don't like your protagonist. I thought your hero was flat.

Some though are helpful, encouraging and insightful. I appreciate those because they make me think. They help me to become a better writer.

Some are given as truth but actually reveal a bias, an opinion or just a perception of how the reader thought they could have written it better.

And those are the ones that weigh heavy upon my spirit. Perhaps they weren't meant to help at all. They have achieved their purpose to disappoint and discourage.


With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. James 3:9-10




No comments:

Post a Comment