Monday, May 28, 2018

May Roses

                 


With the reviews coming back from the last contest I entered for my novel, my editor and I have decided we should re-do the first chapter. I had introduced my heroine and then three chapters later the hero. But it seems all the reviewers commented on how long it takes for the story to start.   


 I can't believe how the roses have bloomed this year. These pink roses have always done well, but this year they have done better than ever. The trick is to never water, fertilize or care for them in any way.  Walking by them, it smells as if I’ve entered a perfume shop. 
 

These roses are on the side of the house. They also do not need anything. They prefer to be left alone. So that is what we do. 

I wish my writing would bloom. It seems to be more like a struggle. Constantly looking at it and asking questions. What does this section need? This part needs to have more details. This section is confusing. Who’s speaking anyway? He should use his wit here. She should say something intelligent.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3















No comments:

Post a Comment