Monday, March 31, 2014

Writing and a Wrapper


Below is another wrapper, I think I like the green one better, but pink always feels comforting to wear.

Something that I am learning is that a story has to have structure. A lot of writers use the large W format.

The first event is at the top of the first line of the W. Then matters seem to go downhill. The next big event happens that changes the trajectory of the story and you are on the first upswing of the letter.
        

  
                        W

I feel like I'm getting somewhere. That the main characters are set 

with personalities and backgrounds. Now I just have to keep up 

those same personalities throughout the story. Sometimes even 

giving them a specific habit or way of speaking so the reader always 

knows who they are.







I

No comments:

Post a Comment