Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Writing about London

The adage write about what you know, is true. I've always loved England and London imparticularly. But all I have had in the past was books to glean my knowledge from. Now after having been in London it feels more authentic to write about the places I've seen. Charles Dickens and Keats were said to have frequented the pub below. We had lunch there. The entrance still has the same brickwork that Dickens and Keats walked on.

                                 The picture below was a shop in Covent Garden that has been kept as it was in the 18th century. In my mind's eye, I can see horses out front as the owners went inside this shop.  The pastries are from the cafeteria at the Tower of London.





















I love the old building to the left. And the right is a view from Berkeley Square with it's sign below.

I'm still re-working my first novel - chapter by chapter.
And then writing the 1,000-2,000 words a day on another one. A Regency book also, I'm using all the places I saw in London as the backdrop. Just finished Chapter One.  

No comments:

Post a Comment