Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Buckingham Palace and the Eiffel Tower





Buckingham Palace. 775 rooms, 19 State rooms, 52 Royal guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathroomsBuckingham House was transformed into Buckingham Palace in the 1820s by the architect John Nash for George IV. But the first monarch to use Buckingham Palace as their official residence was Queen Victoria, who moved there in 1837.

I've decided to throw myself into writing and have committed to write between 1,000 to 2,000 words a day. Not re-working but writing something new. 

I've found that the difference betweeen the movie and the book of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice has to be the rich dialogue between the characters that shows who they are.

This excerpt is priceless:


 "If I were as rich as Mr. Darcy," cried a young Lucas who came with his sisters, "I should not care how proud I was. I would keep a pack of foxhounds, and drink a bottle of wine everyday."
"Then you would drink a great deal more than you ought," said Mrs. Bennet; "and if I were to see you at it I should take away your bottle directly.
The boy protested that she should not; she continued to declare that she would, and the argument ended only with the visit."




No comments:

Post a Comment