Sunday, August 2, 2015

Colorado


Back from vacationing in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was spectacular. Some of the canyon's cliffs rose from 2303 feet jutting from the earth to the heavens.  We went on a boat tour that brought us further into the canyon.  And then we went on different hikes throughout the canyon that brought us to the "Painted Wall" on the right. In the left hand corner of the picture, you can see the river. The very one that we traveled through on the pontoon boat.   


                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
And then on our second day on our way out of our camp area there in front of us only 30 yards away was a brown bear. He was the size of a very large dog, so we figured he was a cub. But his girth was wider than a dog.  Only the second bear that I've seen in Colorado. The other one ironically was in the area called "Burning Bear". 

During vacation, I was able to write just a little. Cleaned up another section on my first book and re-wrote the first and second chapter of my second book.

And now vacation is over, and this has been my third vacation this year. I am rested, rejuvenated and ready to begin work again.  I think it is only because I have today off that I think the sound of work  - pleasant. I guess I will tell you next week if my thought was true or just vacation euphoria.       



  

No comments:

Post a Comment