Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Cave of the Wind

Just finishing up the last chapters of my book. (I know, I've written that before.) Getting ready to enter it into another contest. It's funny how things go. . . last year I was doing the same thing. I had such great hope that after working on this book for over ten years that it would do well in the contest. But it never made it to round two.  Now after spending yet another year on refining the plot and characters I am sending it out or actually will send it out in January. I'm not as hopeful, not because I don't think it is a good book. More because judging is very subjective. One day I read a book, and I love it. The next time I read it  -- I wonder why I thought it was so good. But I feel this book is at its absolute best. . .meaning that it is the best that I can do.


 Went to Cave of the Winds for my daughter's birthday. It was snowy and cold, but once inside the cave, it was much warmer. It was a neat experience. With stalactites and stalacmites in various caverns. A great tour even if it was a little cheesy. Naming formations and the tour guide speaking for a few minutes and then running to the next area. What could we do but follow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment