Friday, January 29, 2016

Downtown and Writing

My niece finished "A Series of Scandals". It was incredibly nice for her to agree to read it. She first wrote that she enjoyed it and that any questions that she had were answered by the end. I sent her back an e-mail asking if there were certain parts where she was confused. There were a couple of places. So now, I need to go back into the book and clean it up. I hate cleaning.


This weekend my husband and I decided to go downtown. The weather was perfect for a walk and so after we parked and put money in the meter, we headed toward the 16th Street Mall. But before we were even a few feet away from the car two women, one black, one white started yelling at each other. From there it went to fists. Pulling each other's hair and name calling. I kept thinking why?

What was so heinous that these two felt compelled to put the other in her place using punches. Neither won and to make it worse, the boyfriend of one joined in a few minutes later. Eventually, they finished and then went on their way. Very unsettling. But downtown is downtown and with its coolness comes its underside.



The rest of the day was beautiful. We walked into the Holy Ghost Catholic Church built in 1943. Utterly, beautiful. Went to Coors Field and then to Union Station.


e

1 comment:

  1. What did you think of the new Union Station? I just can't say enough good things about it - compared to its old, sad state...I never get to see anyone fighting downtown...why do you get to have all the fun!

    ReplyDelete