Monday, December 9, 2013

Gowns and Lace


 I finished reading Persuasion and as always was sad to say goodbye to such good friends.  

I counted the word persuasion or derivatives of the word 32 times throughout the book. But I may have missed some of them due to being absorbed in the story.
 I was reminded as I read that for the gentry, who did not have an abundance of funds, the women would make their own clothes. They would look at the fashion plates and make over a dress they already owned –perhaps even dying the material to a deeper blue or darker green to make it look like a new gown. Lace and trim would help to make the gown look different. A lace collar or lace on the hem and sleeves might be the perfect accent.  

"Behold, I make all things new."
Revelations 21:5b












No comments:

Post a Comment