Sunday, September 28, 2014

Writing

I am so eager to finish working on my novel "A Series of Scandals" so that I can start working on the next book. Which would only put me at square one again. I'm not sure why I feel like I need to start a new book when I'm clearly so close to the end. I should want to complete what I have started. And  I will. However . . .

I think it might be that I like the chaos of just sitting down and writing scenes and incidents. I like trying to complete the picture without knowing what exactly it looks like. My daughter sent me pictures from our trip to Leaville. I think the one below is how I feel when I first start writing a new story.

It's all tangled and has its own kind of beauty. As opposed to where I am now -  fine tuning words, times and places. Everything is in place. Everything is balanced purposefully so that a person who picks up the book can make sense of it. It has its own beauty.

More like this picture to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment