Monday, June 8, 2015

Burlington House

Looking outside from within Burlington House's courtyard was surreal. It was after 9 p.m. and my sister and I had taken a walk when we stumbled upon this magnificent piece of architecture. Less than a block away from our hotel we entered the courtyard. The only standing square left in place. It now houses the Royal Society, the Linnean Society and the Royal Society of Chemistry as well as the Royal Academy.  

This is where I am re-writing my 5th novel to take place. After seeing this structure and loving everything Regency, I am plotting their every move based upon the location of this building and the areas surrounding it. Which sounds easy. But it's like being there. I have to check the map every time my characters go outside. Which direction do they take and what is there. Not only there but would have been there back in the early 1800's.  

Summer time or I guess we are still in spring, is a hard time to write. There is so much to do. My family and I went for a day trip to our favorite spot in the mountains on Saturday. We enjoyed a picnic, fishing, playing cards and then a downpour of rain. It always rains in the mountains, but Colorado this spring seems to be rainier than ever. I don't mind the rain so much now since the sun has decided to come out every day.

      






No comments:

Post a Comment