Wednesday, February 11, 2015

France

My sister and I spent a day in Paris taking the Eurostar in the early morning hours and arriving in Paris before 9:30 a.m.  Our first stop was the Louvre. 

 The above picture is a part of the Louvre  Palace.  There is a fortress that was begun by Philip II in the 12th century. In the 14th century, Charles V converted the building into a residence and it was renovated by Francis I in 1546.  However, Louis XIV did not live here as he chose Versailles as his home in 1682. At that time the Louvre was used as a residence for artists. Louis XV agreed in 1750 to display the royal collection of 96 pieces here and during Napoleon's reign, it was open to the public to see the nation's treasure.

The Palace is three-sided with the glass pyramid entrance in the middle.

Absolutely magnificent.



And now to continue with my writing. I am still working on mapping out the story. I think I have a good direction and then come back and re-work that section. I am only up to Chapter Five and so I haven't covered any ground just yet.

Nine more stories to read for the contest. Once I finish with this, I will have more time to work on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment