Thursday, February 5, 2015

Reading contest submissions

Now that I've started writing again, making the first chart of plotting the book seems easy. I'm in the middle of Chapter Two and up to the fifth chapter in mapping out the story.

I signed up to be a judge in the contest I entered and love reading the first fifty pages of other aspiring authors. The synopsis is included which gives closure to the book. Last night I finished the 4th book and have to say I'm slightly disappointed.

The formula seems to be - girl is hot and unappreciated, guy seems one thing but has actually deep reservoirs of personality, The two meet and don't like each other but feel an attraction they can't explain. Girl pursues guy. Guy gets scared. Guy re-evaluates and is ready to commit. Girl gets scared. Girl re-evaluates and they finally get together.

Signs from London and one from France.
I loved walking in Berkeley Square.

The "No Busking" sign was in a tunnel and the only other person in the tunnel walkway was a man playing a violin. Who knew  - he was busking.

No comments:

Post a Comment