Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Louvre and Grosvenor Square




One more week of waiting to find out if my book made it to the semi-finals. Even as I wait, I'm still working on it. Plotting each story to make sure each is resolved. No threads hanging. I have to say that this part is quite fun.

The pictures on either side are from the Louvre. I thought they were wonderful paintings of women of the 18th and early 19th centuries.

The picture on the left looks to be two sisters in their everyday life. It was sweet to look at.

The one on the right seems to warn of impending doom not only in the dark skies (future) but also on where she is walking (her path). But the light shining on her face (mind) and on her upper body (heart). It seems she is looking back to urge the rest of us on. I am still captivated by it.

 Below is a statue in the Louvre.  And the picture to the right is a statue in Grosvenor Square of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The park had various memorials to soldiers and to those who were England's allies in past wars.


No comments:

Post a Comment