Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tower of London



More pictures from the Tower of London.The view to the left is from a street bridge looking onto the fortress. It seems so strange that William the Conquorer built a fortress here in 1066. Kings after him continued building. And the place is quite grand with all of its various buildings.

The cage below is where raven's live. The rumor goes that if the ravens ever leave the monarchy will fall. So their wings are clipped ensuring the realm's prosperity.




Below is what used to be a waterway bringing water in from the Thames. It has since been made into a gate.



And now onto writing. The contest I entered will let us know at the end of March if we made it into the semi-finals. Since I was put in another category, I do not have high hopes. So once again, my sister/editor and I are working on revisions. Another once over and then she will be making queries in August when she goes to a writing conference. That is only five months away. However, with three inches of snow falling today, August seems light years away. Regardless, I'm back to re-writes. Until next week . . . . .    

No comments:

Post a Comment