Sunday, May 17, 2015

Jumbled Mind


 Yesterday, after I had brought my flower pots outside to soak up the sun, it began to rain. Then it downpoured, from slush, it turned to hail. I could not stand by and watch plants I've kept alive for eight months especially through the long winter die. So I rushed outside and began to rescue each pot. But it was too late, all the blooms are gone, too delicate to withstand such adversity. But I am not disheartened for in a few weeks, they will bloom again.

And so I take heart in my writing. Once again, I am stuck in the middle chapters of both of the books I'm working on. When I begin writing, I have so much to tell. When I finish a book, I have the feeling of a great accomplishment. Good or bad, I worked hard and have something to show for it. But now in the middle - Chapter Five to Chapter Fifteen, I have to work hard keeping the reader interested, putting out crumbs so that they can think they know what is going on and then twist it so that they are astounded and keep reading.

And so in my pictures this week, I have chosen an assortment that do not go together in the least. Above, a ship is passing below the clear walk-way of London's Tower Bridge.

Below is Moulin Rouge in France.

A jumble of pictures to match my jumbled mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment