Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book covers and Writing


Happy Memorial Day.
I went to visit my 97 year old friend in her nursing home. She was a nurse in England during WWII. I thanked her for her service and she said, "You're Welcome."
Just like that. But what else could she say.  The times were tough, but she found out what she was made of. She saw things, places and people she would have never met but for those times. It took something from her and in return gave her something. She's a better person and yet images of those events run through her deteriorating memories. Some as friends and some still adversarial. On a good day, she talks of a doctor that she met at the hospital. He wanted to marry her and said he would find her. He never did, but sometimes she asks about him. She remembers, her heart remembers.    

She also told me how to heat up tea properly and thought it wasn't that hard. I agreed but told her that I did not have access to a stove. Her look of disgust told me she didn't believe me.

Another week of writing. I worked hard this weekend and was able to go through my entire Regency novel reviewing and reworking certain sections.  The amount of time that I have spent on this book, one would assume it has to be amazing. But you would have to know where I started to understand why it has taken years to be able to offer anything.

My daughter Jordan from http://zoundsdesigns.com/ made these covers for my modern day book. The first one I’ve posted earlier.  My second daughter, Bailey likes the first one. I like the one below the best. But there is something about the 3rd and 4th one that intrigue me.  I'd love to hear what you think. 
  






No comments:

Post a Comment