Friday, May 8, 2015

Shows, Writing and London

Usually for Mother's Day, my kids help me plant the garden, pull weeds and put flowers in the pots and in the flower garden in the front yard. I love getting so much work done in a single afternoon and then it feels as if summer has officially begun. But for the second year in a row, snow is predicted. So instead of planting, we will play card games, go through photo albums and my husband will make something yummy for dinner. It should be a good day.



Went to my Mom and Dad's show this week. It was very enjoyable. My Mom was in the chorus and my Dad played the accordion and sang.









Below is Leicester Square, my sister and I spent a lot of time walking around this area. It is in the Theater District.


The first picture is one side of the square and the other is the other side. Cars and people share the road.


I wish I could report that I've come to the end of editing one of my books and am ready to self-publish or send out querries to publishers.

But instead, I am still re-working both my Regency and my modern day novel. I'm on Chapter 8 of the former and 10 on the latter. I've said it before that it is a lonely job filled with words that almost work. And then in a moment of inspiration it comes together.

Only to find another chapter that isn't quite right. The process begins again. Sometimes the moment of inspiration does not come and then you work hard until something takes shape. I worked on a chapter for two days and it is not quite right. So today, I will keep at it. Maybe inspiration will come or maybe I'll need to work it. Either way progress will be made.

 The picture below is one I took during a walk near Covent Garden on our way back to the Cavendish Hotel.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment