Friday, May 22, 2015

France and Writing



Like the English during Regency times, I'm intrigued by France and all things French.  Spending a day in Paris, of course was not enough but at the same time gave us a flavor for the place. The Arc de Triomphe at the end of the Champs-Elysees was amazing to see. Champs-Elysees is French for Elysian Fields, the paradise for dead heroes in Greek mythologyThis statue was in a round-about and in the background stands the majestic Eiffel Tower. Leaving the Louvre we saw the Chateau de Vincennes on the Seine River, and on the right was what we thought looked like a church with its spire missing. An amazing place. 

Now I am making my way through reading and editing my Regency novel once again.  (Perhaps the 100th time) I scan through each page looking for grammatical mistakes and then for plot holes. My sister reviews one chapter a week doing the same thing. It is tedious work and has its own challenges as well as surprisingly bringing a strange type of satisfaction with it.      

 




No comments:

Post a Comment