Saturday, May 2, 2015

Princess Charlotte, Regency England, World War II

Yah! Princess Kate had a baby girl, my dad turned 80, and my son got a part-time job. Life is good. Add to that my 97 year old friend asked if I was married, when I said yes, she asked if he was good -looking. I told her I thought so. She asked me to bring pictures next time I visit. It doesn't get better than that.

Here is a shop in Covent Garden that has been restored to look as it did in the Regency Period.


I'll visit her again today, she insists that you do not cross your legs. It is bad for you. She asks to be taken to where all the people are. It makes no sense to be hidden when there are so many people she should be around.

She was a nurse stationed in England at the l03rd General Hospital 60 miles outside of London during World War II. Having a day and a half off every so often, she with her fellow nurses would take a day trip into London.



The damage to this building is from bombing during World War II on England. It has not been repaired but kept as a memorial to that time.



The picture to the side is of the old Roman wall built between 190 AD and 225 AD


I've had to scale down my writing to working on just two books at a time. It seems that writing four simultaneously, kept me from making substantial progress. Now, I am working on one chapter of my regency book and then one chapter of my modern day book. Maybe August I will have two completed to my liking.


 
It was January and yet the open air market in Covent Garden had a variety of flowers. It was beautiful and refreshing to see in the middle of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment